- After dramatic Section Final, Burnsville are State Girls Hockey 'Cinderellas'
- South St. Paul girls hockey team ready for state tournament
- Eastview boys hoops has state title in its sights
- #1 Edina girls hockey hangs on to beat Wayzata, advances to state
- DeLaSalle's Jalen Travis signs letter of intent with Princeton
- South St. Paul beats St. Paul United 2-0 to advance to state
- KSTP Sports Girls State Hockey Central
- #2 Andover girls hockey beats Forest Lake, advances to state
- #1 Edina girls hockey cruise to section final in search of fourth straight state title
- TRIA Prep Athlete of Week, Feb. 12: Andover's Madison Kaiser
- Minnehaha Academy's Jalen Suggs honored as McDonald's All-American
By: John Millea
Sherburn Celebrates 50th Anniversary Of Last One-Class Tournament
The article below is reprinted from the Fairmont Sentinel. The author is Minnesota sports historian Joel Rippel.
By Joel Rippel
SHERBURN ' After their previous three seasons had each ended with a disappointing loss in the District Five basketball tournament, the Sherburn Raiders had one goal for the 1969-70 season.
andquot;Suffering through the disappointment of two finals losses and one semifinals loss ' all to Fairmont ' in the previous three years was definitely an incentive,andquot; said Jeff McCarron. andquot;So, absolutely, we were motivated by our last chance to win the district.'
... click for more